Friday, March 12, 2010

My simple cakes

This is my first time making a red velvet cake and we enjoyed it. Now that I have found a recipe that I like and that works to sell, I can make this cake to a requested order.

I love how smooth it came out. It was very moist and light. The buttercream icing came out much better than I had first thought.
My experimenting with the colors and the buttercream techniques that I have been practicing.

The Valentine's Day cake that I made for 18 kids and a few adults. This is a 12in heart shaped cake that I made. This is the first half of the cake.
The two cakes put together. It's a strawberry cake made with real strawberries.



I wanted it to be simple for the kids who were going to eat. Generally most kids do not like all the fancy stuff that's put on a cake, the adults appreciate it more.
This is made for my husband board of director's meeting/luncheon for last month. I went off the logo that they have....hubby decided at last minute to put the initials for the place he works for, The Children's Emergency Shelter. It turned out that the flavor I chose was a hit!!! I'm proud to do this.

No comments: