Friday, August 28, 2009

Fort Smith AR

Fort Smith Arkansas is mainly an industrial town. Gerber, Planters, Rheem, Whirlpool, Baldor, and a few other major companies, including a new one that should open sometime in the new year, Mars Petfoods. Big deal.....Why do I say that? Well in order to get one to one of these companies you would need to go to a EMPLOYMENT agency to be screened to work there if they want you. On the other end of the spectrum, they're laying off at Rheem and Whirlpool and the K-Mart is closing at the end of this month. Are we in an economic recession? You decide! I on the other hand have pretty much give up looking for work when my qualifcation are not within the realm of the industrial side of this city. I live SE of Fort Smith in another town of close to 7,800 give a take or few. I am giving up on the whole idea of looking for a job to help my husband pay the bills, trying to look for a job with only 1 car that is working is really hard to do. I can't seem to find a real job being able to work from home without being scammed. Am I the only one who is in this situation? Of course not! I just don't know where they are! Another factor to consider in this situation is that I am loosing my hearing and have been for several years, since I was 2yrs old. I've applied for disability and have been denied 2x because I don't sound deaf.....what in the hell does that mean??! No matter what I do, it just doesn't seem be working out in anything that I do.....so I guess I'll just have to resort to my writing. I have a project that I am working on....a book. About my first marriage as the victim of abuse and loosing primary care of my three kids. Yes you read that right. Not coming from a FINANICALLY WELL OFF family like my ex-husband, I didn't have the money to fight in court. I didn't have the self esteem that I do today because of him. The best part of all this, is he doesn't live here!!! I am happier spite not having a job that is helping us pay the bills in this house. Fort Smith really doesn't have that much to offer either. Sure there's a few places trying to come in and start up, but when there are thousands of people out of work and a small handful of jobs that have come open, it's really hard to compete with that!! Anyway you decide whether or not that this economy really is "good" or not....

No comments: